The role will report directly to the General Manager.
– Assist in the Co-ordination and supervision the preparation, implementation, evolvement and revision of the integrated management system (IMS) which encompasses ISM, ISO 9001 quality management system, ISO 14001 environmental management system, OHSAS 18001 occupational health and safety management system.
– Support the GM in the overall responsibility for the day-to-day operations of the Severn Offshore Services fleet.
– Responsible for all company travel
– Responsible for all minute taking and documenting at all meetings
– Assist in managing and implementing Human Resources procedures and responsibilities.
– Assist in liaising with Vessel and clients to ensure effective professional operations.
– Assist in liaising with the classification and flag state authorities in respect of vessel safety and regulations.
– Assist in ensuring that all departments of the Company conduct activities within the restraints of the IMS and within the confines of the related country, survey and flag state requirements.
– Work in conjunction with the other heads of department to ensure that the IMS and all other related HSEQ is adhered to at all times.
– Distribute any relevant ‘Marine Guidance Notices’ (MGN), ‘Marine Safety Notices’ (MSN) and ‘Marine Information Notices’ (MIN) to vessel masters and assist in adapting the IMS accordingly.
– Have an in-depth knowledge of the ‘Code of Safe Working Practices for Seaman’ (COSWOP) and ‘Marine Pollution Regulations’ (MARPOL).
– Have an in-depth knowledge of the ‘Safety of Life at Sea’ (SOLAS) convention.
– Assist in supporting the GM in ensuring the completion of VDC (Vessel Deployment Communication) and pre-advanced recce of new sites.
– Help design and maintain corporate image.
– Assist in coming up with marketing strategies and techniques to allow support of corporate imagery
– Research, order and coordinate new clothing and PPE.
– Keep in touch with Offshore Energy industry developments.
– Monitor, develop and update all social media and company website.
– Assist in recruitment of shore and vessel-based staff, including populating and disseminating SEA’s.
– Be responsible for updating the Company calendar and booking in company events.
– Assist the GM in planning company training.
– Travel to all vessels at least once a year to assist in conducting audits of personnel and vessel.